Monday, January 1, 2024

Novemeber

We started of November mourning the lost of my dad and grandpa.  We had his funeral November 6th and then we came home back to Iowa the next day.  I came home to lots of sympathy from friends.  The dust of his death and burial had settled and my grieving begins.
It also begins to look a lot like Christmas soon after...

We did not go to Ohio for Thanksgiving this year as were just back for my dads stuff.  But I did keep up my schedule I normally do and I put up the Christmas stuff the weekend before Thanksgiving.  

For Thanksgiving we had HAMBURGERS! Yep! Before my dad passed he was planning Thanksgiving and he wanted hamburgers.  He said he was sick of turkey and burgers sounded really good.  So we had burgers in honor of him.  Plus just the 5 of us would have had to eat turkey for days....
Josie pulled wanted a fancy dinner, but there is not much fancy about burgers, but she pulled out my cloth napkins and the kids drank out of wine glasses.  Some friends had given me a wind chime for  my dad, I had it out on our back porch and the entire time we ate Thanksgiving dinner it was chiming away!  Like my dad was with us!
Of course Ohio State vs MI game was on that weekend and we watched it! We did not care for the outcome at all.  Go Buckeyes!
First snow of the season!  Of course it was a mad rush to get all winter stuff out, see what fits and get the heck outside to play and sled.
And then the sickness hits.  Eli ended up getting sick first with a high fever and the next day Josie woke up sick.  I had those 2 sickos home with me for 2 days.  They bounced back pretty quick even with 103 fevers.  Then the next week I got it.  I ended up with the flu and I was the sickest I could remember as an adult.  I had ALL the symptoms of flu and I did not bounce back like the kiddos.  But definitely better now.  I do not want the flu again any time soon. 
 
November was a bunch of sadness and grief and sickness :( 
I don't want another repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment