Monday, January 1, 2024

My Dad!

Paul Eckert, my dad,  March 4th, 1946-October 31st, 2023
He was a great dad; kind, patient, funny, but was ultimately called home to the Lord. 
My dad's last year + had been rough with his breathing, cardiac health and circulation, but ultimately his respiratory system failed.
My mom called me on Monday the 30th to let me know he was doing well and I was able to make it to Ohio to be with him.  By the time I had gotten there my dad wasn't really able to talk however I do think he knew I was there.  When I spoke to him he tried to open his eyes and moved like he was trying to lift his head.  His breathing was so labored and rapid and remained that way to the end.  I am glad I was able to be by his side, holding his hand until the end.  He died at 2:42pm on Tuesday October, 31st.  
I miss him.
I will continue to miss him. 

I have so much more to say but for now I all I will write this...








Military honors, 21 gun salute


We found my dad's doppelganger, Johnny Cash, while going thru old pictures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment