Monday, January 1, 2024

Christmas 2023

 Christmas came and went in a flash! But we sure tried to work in our self-care!  Lol! Well, at least the kids did!  Mom was busy doing all the Christmas things. 

Christmas Eve eve, we went over to our neighbors house and had game night.  It was low key and fun.  The kids all played together while the parents played games.  Joey and I didn't win anything and our quarter pile dwindled pretty good. 

Then on Christmas Eve, we had invited the Henscheids over before church for a few hours for finger foods and enjoyable conversation.  We think it just might be a new tradition.

Ashley and I
The Shultz family before Christmas eve mass.  It was 60 outside so it didn't feel very Christmas-y out side.  You can see I am even wearing open toed shoes.  Last year was like 2* but with a wind chill of -15 or something.  Crazy.
And the kids got to open one gift on Christmas Eve as per tradition and we went also went thru the nights and lights in our pj's per tradition as well!
These two yahoos hanging out the window in the light tunnel.
Man this Christmas morning was something.  
Josie said she woke up at 3am and "checked" then tried to go back to sleep and couldn't.  So she thought she would try to sleep on the couch except when she came back upstairs Eli was asleep on the couch.  So apparently 2 kids were awake between 3-4am.  Josie says she never did fall back to sleep...
Look at the excitement in these kids.  
They waited until mom and dad got up at 6:45am. They say we tortured them by sleeping that late. 
Santa of course, did not disappoint.  In fact, I would say he spoiled them.  
Eli was happy with his minecraft mini fridge and star wars stuff.
I could not believe when the girls wanted dolls.  I thought we were done with them.  They were both so adamant they wanted them.  At first I wasn't biting, but then it hit me that this is really the last time they ask for something like dolls, so they got them.  
Josie so happy with her doll Paisley, clothes she can wear and her doll crib! 
And Ella (and Josie) wanted these twins.  Every time we were in Walmart they would go look and beg me to buy them for them.  The funny thing about these twins is that Santa had brought them when they were 2 and we got rid of them because they didn't play with them.  I can't believe I bought them twice...
Ella also got a 3D pen and the game Chess.
My Christmas tree had a few new ornaments on it this year. 😞
And then off to Ohio the next day.  
Eli was so excited to give Gigi her gift he gave it to her early.  He picked it out for her at his schools Christmas store.  
Gigi and her grandkids
We also went to the Shultz side and all the kids got a astronaut costumes.  This was from uncle Josh and it was cute. Lots of space travel ahead. 
And I wanted to stop by and wish Dad a merry Christmas.  I wish it was different.
I miss and love you, Dad!
First holiday season with out you. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment